My Healing Professional Journey
Hello! I’m James
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
My journey to becoming a therapist came from finding myself on my own healing journey. I’ve had many difficult chapters, personal struggles, and new beginnings in my own life. Through my own therapy and journey, I have learned to embrace all the parts of myself–even the ones I kept hidden for a long time.
I became interest in addictions after watching a high school friend go through rehab & therapy after an overdose. He transformed into a new person and I wanted to support others on that journey.
I’m a divergent thinker and also love to work with those who think outside the box. I’m also that person who has tried to do all the things at once and suddenly I smell dinner burning on the stove.
Chicago was a great city to build my career. I worked with folks who experience complex traumas, addictions, and psychosis. They were my best teachers and true diamonds in the rough. I am so excited to now experience what the West Coast has to teach me!
I believe that healing is a chain reaction. As we go within and heal ourselves, it ripples into the world around us. Little by little, things start to grow again.
My Approach & Values
- I believe your past does not determine your future.
- There is power in vulnerability and empty.
- The way out is through-feeling fully.
- Your inner world is as valid as the external.
- Therapy is a brave to try on your most authentic self.
- Colorful language is allow and even encouraged.
- Small daily steps bring dreams into reality.
- Your story is yours to narrate.
- Healing happens in community. Therapy is a small part of the journey.
- I enjoy the creative challenge of tailoring therapy to your unique needs.
- CA LCSW101261
- IL 149.020618
- MDMA Assisted Psychotherapy-Multidisciplinary Organization of Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) (In Progress)
- Psychedelic Assisted Therapy (Ketamine, MDMA, & Psilocybin)- Integrative Psychiatry Institute (In Progress)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) Circle (In Progress)
- Brainspotting Phase 1 (2022)
- Navigating Autistic Adulthood: Providing Neurodiversity Affirming Care (2022)
- EMDR- EMDR Chicago (2021)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Intensive (2021)
- ADHD Support Intensive (2021)
- Substance Abuse Counseling- Thresholds (2015-2020)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy- Loyola University Chicago (2015)
- Solution Focused Therapy- Loyola University Chicago (2015)
- Psychodynamic Therapy- Loyola University Chicago (2015)
Ask a question or book an appointment below. For emergencies call a trusted support, crisis hotline, 911, or visit your nearest hospital.